Voting for the upcoming national board is now open, and I hope you have taken time to review your candidates or, if not, that you will take some time to consider your candidates’ qualifications. NENA is your association, and voting is a great and direct way for your voice to be heard. While I would like to be your candidate for the Southeast Region Director position, what is most important to me is your participation in this year’s vote.
But, as a quick reference, here are a few things about me and my qualifications. I know many of you personally, but for those of you I don’t know, I would like to share a little bit about myself. As the oldest of 5 children, I learned at an early age the importance of handling responsibilities, helping to get things done, and working together as part of a team. I have worked in the 9-1-1 profession for over 30 years and have seen many changes over the years. I am married, and my family, too, has become part of our NENA family; as my husband tells everyone, “I didn’t volunteer, I was voluntold.”
As your current Southeast Region Director, here are just a few of the things that we have been able to accomplish. We have:
1. Grown our membership
2. Provided better services and benefits to our members
3. Built a solid educational program
4. Made NENA the recognized authority on 9-1-1
5. Worked with other groups and associations for the betterment of the entire 9-1-1 community
6. Given a voice to our Telecommunicators
7. Made NENA financially stronger
8. Worked closely and directly with chapters and members to get answers for questions
9. Listened to the concerns of our members and worked on finding solutions--together
Our profession is facing many changes currently and will continue to do so in the future. As such, experienced leadership is vital for keeping NENA at the forefront of these changes. I have both the experience and the commitment to continue working for you and with you, if you will have me.
With that being said, please take some time to vote. NENA truly is your association, and you have the power to affect the changes that you want to see!
And, as always, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Take care and God bless,
Linda Draughn-Woloski, ENP